ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ The (◕‿◕✿) Website [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅] Of ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°) Trippiness ຈل͜ຈ

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

World News

Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: World News   Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:22 pm

(Surprised I didn't think about this sooner! A thread to dicuss and post anything interesting going on in the world)

First up: Japan Earthquake! (All info is from different news sources)

Japan's most powerful earthquake since records began has struck the north-east coast, triggering a massive tsunami.
Cars, ships and buildings were swept away by a wall of water after the 8.9-magnitude tremor, which struck about 400km (250 miles) north-east of Tokyo. It struck at 1446 local time (0546 GMT) at a depth of about 24km.
Although, no radiation leaks reported but state of emergency has been declared at a nuclear power plant. Major explosion hit a petrochemical plant in Sendai.
Officials say 350 people are dead and about 500 missing, but it is feared the final death toll will be much greater. In one ward alone in Sendai, a port city in Miyagi prefecture, 200 to 300 bodies were found.
The quake was the fifth-largest in the world since 1900 and nearly 8,000 times stronger than the one which devastated Christchurch, New Zealand, last month, said scientists.
The tsunami rolled across the Pacific at 800km/h (500mph) - as fast as a jetliner - before hitting Hawaii and the US West Coast.

(Pretty shocking, aye? I watched it on the Tv and my mouth was open the whole time Shocked)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Yeah thats really sucks. I wish other people would help Japan besides America. Britain is there ally to but they're not doing anything but eating scones the whole time!!!! Now Japan is gonna get hit by many shockwaves from the Earthquake and their really high shockwaves about 6.0 and higher. It's getting worse and now power plants aren't functioning properlly. Japan is screwed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:57 pm

AHHH! Oh noooo D: Poor Japan! I think everyone should be helping them! Allies or enemies, if you can help then you should! I'm worried about the radiation from the power plant too...what if people get infected??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:57 pm

You think like a kid. The world doesn't work that way..... Allies aren't helping like they should and Enemies are taking advantage of it. it'd be great if that was possible but people are asses. And i'm not sure what will happen with the power plants
Back to top Go down
Alfred F. Jones

PostSubject: Re: World News   Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:14 am

Japan! I've got to send him help...I hope he's okay!

So..err, my people are going to raise money. If anyone else wants to back me up in this, it'll be appreciated!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Madeline Williams

PostSubject: Re: World News   Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:37 am

I heard that more than just America was going to help. England, Singapore, Russia, South Korea, China and I believe one or two others have also volunteered.
My Prime Minister, Harper, and I have both vowed to help Japan in anyway that we can and plan on sending him our support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://myotakusunited.webs.com/

PostSubject: Re: World News   Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:53 pm

It's so great that lots of nations are helping! I don't think anyone was prepared for something as terrible as this Sad They just have to work hard and carry on I guess Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:20 am

Everyone is working hard to help Japan. America has Operation Tomodatchi and his hands full helping with the radiation leaks, China was the first to get to Japan after it happened, and England has had well-rained rescue teams ready to go from the first day.
And then everyone having to deal with Libya's crazy boss, too.

Times are hard right now, but I'm sure things will work out eventually and Mister Japan will be back on his feet.

Last edited by Lithuania on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm

Let's wish him the best!~ And oh yeah, I've heard about that it's terrible! Those poor people D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:21 am

We were first america was first out 1st pacific fleet got there in less than 48 hours and our bases have helped with the dead i wonder is russia curseing japan if so are we next god help us if we are
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Escalation of violence across the world   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:25 am

With riots/revolutions/problems in the middle east escalating on fire the drug cartels are overtakeing mexico america is being hit by tornadoes and wildfires across the board england is under alot of protsting japan has an earthquake gas prices going up and the stock market is still rising what the hell is going on
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:22 pm

(I'll tell you what's happening............2012! If it's even true :/ That, or climate change/economical issues. I wonder how Japan are doing actually, I haven't heard a lot about them lately.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:30 am

It's a difficult time, but I'm sure than with hard work and perseverance we can make it through. Times have been better, but not long ago times have been much worse, too.

Japan has reported that he'll be past the crisis by the end of the year, but it will take a long time for him to return to normal. I know that Ukraine is still recovering from a similar crisis after twenty-five years, so Japan probably has a long healing period in his future. Please let us send our prayers out to his Fukushima 50, a group of hundreds of men and women that have worked tirelessly and are risking death to help Japan.

Recently France has been calling for international safety standards for nuclear power. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:25 pm

As germany we will ensure the EU has new safty standered und now to all those around i have to say america has gotten there first and im worried for him as ussaly what affects him affects japan im worried the likewise may happen
Back to top Go down
Ivan Braginsky

PostSubject: Re: World News   Mon May 02, 2011 6:37 pm

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD GUYS. HOLY SHIZ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.axispowershetaliarp.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: World News   Mon May 02, 2011 11:52 pm

yes i know russia und i made a topic to celbarate his death
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Wed May 04, 2011 2:20 pm

(About darn time! But he used HORCRUXES!(means his soul was torn into 7 pieces and placed within objects so he won't be dead till they're destroyed) pffft if you believe in that.
But I like what Obama said about not releasing bin Laden death photos: "Osama bin Laden is not a trophy - he is dead and let's now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaida has been eliminated." GO GET EM!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: World News   Wed May 04, 2011 4:40 pm

Yes true i must admit is it just me or are american troops the worlds mercinaries it seems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: World News   

Back to top Go down

World News
Page 1 of 1